Mission of the Council
The mission of the International Studies Advisory Council (ISAC) is to provide advice related to the primary initiatives of the Office of International Engagement.
- Provide guidance and support related to promotion of OIE and university level international initiatives, programs, and relationships.
- Inform and promote international studies and programs to the campus and community.
- Serve as a conduit of communication between the Colleges and the Office of International Engagement.
- Review and score/rank OIE faculty international travel grant (FITG) applications (when grant funds are available). Develop fair and objective rubrics for ranking purposes.
- Recommend 1-2 ISAC committee representatives to the annual International Conference Committee.
- Develop and complete a survey of ISU faculty and staff members that can be used for maintaining and updating the International Experiences database on an a two-year cycle. This survey began in 2011.
Voting Members (7)
Six representatives from the academic colleges and one representative from Milner Library. Academic college representatives are nominated by the dean of the their respective college.
College of Arts and Sciences - CAS
Dr. John Baldwin - Council Chair
College of Applied Science and Technology - CAST
Dr. Iuliia Tetteh
Wonsook Kim College of Fine Arts - CFA
College of Business - COB
Dr. Barbara Ribbens
College of Education - COE
Dr. Robyn Seglem
Mennonite College of Nursing - MCN
Dr. Susana Calderon
The Executive Director of the Office of International Engagement and members of the OIE Leadership Team