International Student and Scholar Services
We are honored to serve hundreds of international students on immigration, educational, social, cultural, and personal matters.
Explore ISSS Resources
Our campus welcomes international students and scholars to become members of the Redbird family.
Understand the rules governing your status so that you can take the proper steps.
Know what employment is allowed for your status before beginning a new job or internship.
There are many ways for our international students to get involved. Know your opportunities!
How to Apply
Illinois State University provides 160+ undergraduate and 90+ graduate degrees as well as Academic English and Pathway Programs.
How to apply if you plan to attend Illinois State through an official agreement between ISU and institutions or organizations abroad.
How to apply if you plan to research, teach, or complete an internship at Illinois State within a specific department.
International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) is located on the second floor of Fell Hall right off the University's central quad. ISSS provides immigration advising services and programming to Illinois State University international students and scholars. We are also the unit in charge of complying with Department of Homeland Security (DHS) mandatory reporting obligations for F-1 and J-1 visa holders.
Services provided include:
- Advise students and scholars on complex U.S. immigration law
- Connect students and scholars to other campus resources
- Provide workshops and programming about various immigration-related topics
- Work to educate the campus community on U.S. immigration policy and intercultural issues
- Foster and cultivate partnerships worldwide to promote intercultural exchange